The Leadership Conference is working diligently to see that Tom Perez is confirmed as U.S. Secretary of Labor. Perez is an eminently qualified public servant and consensus builder who has dedicated his career to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and have the opportunity to succeed. He has served with integrity and distinction at the local, state and national level, compiling an outstanding record of achievement.
Immigrants in the U.S.
Regardless of status, immigrants have always played a central role in the life and growth of our nation. Immigrants contribute $10 billion a year to this country's economic growth.
However, immigrants living in the United States often face unique challenges.
- Groups to Build Civic Engagement among Immigrants - Feature Story - 7/15/08
- Living in the United States: A Guide for Immigrant Youth (pdf) - Report - Immigrant Legal Resource Center - 12/1/07
- Working for a Better Life: A Profile of Immigrants in the New York State Economy - Report - Fiscal Policy Institute - 11/1/07
- Today We March, Tomorrow We Vote! The Untapped Power of New Immigrant Voters (pdf) - Report - Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights - 6/29/06
- Immigrants Pay Fair Share, Study Finds - Feature Story - 6/16/06
- The Naturalization Trail: Mexican Nationality and U.S. Citizenship (pdf) - Report - Institute of Latino Studies at the University of Notre Dame - 6/1/06
- Civic Contributions: Taxes Paid by Immigrants in the Washington, DC, Metropolitan Area - Report - The Community Foundation - 5/1/06
- Changing Patterns in the Relative Economic Performance of Immigrants to Great Britain and the United States, 1980-2000 - Report - Center for Economic and Policy Research, Washington, DC and Centre for Economic Performance, London - 4/27/06
- Undocumented Immigrants: Myths and Reality - Fact Sheet - Urban Institute - 11/1/05
- State Policies Can Promote Immigrant Children's Economic Security - Report - National Center for Children in Poverty - October 2005
- A Profile of Low-Income Working Immigrant Families - Report - The Urban Institute - 6/30/05
- Immigrants, Employers Hurt by New Initiative - Feature Story - 8/13/02
- Office of Special Counsel for Immigration Related Unfair Employment Practices (OSC) - Testimony - 3/21/02
- Hidden in the Home: Abuse of Domestic Workers with Special Visas in the United States - Report - Human Rights Watch - 6/14/01
- Hardship among Children of Immigrants: Findings from the 1999 National Survey of America's Families - Report - Urban Institute - 3/27/01