Judiciary Websites from Leadership Conference Members/Partners
Alliance for Justice (AFJ)
Independent Courts & Fair Judges: The fairness and independence of this most important instrument must be preserved. Fair courts and independent judges help ensure the protection of vital rights and freedoms.
- Judicial Nominees
- The Judicial Selection Process
- Justice Watch Blog
- Video: Supreme Injustices - This video examines the impact of the first full term of the Roberts Court.
- Video: Quiet Revolution - This short documentary describes how an increasingly influential movement on the far right has waged a sustained war on the Constitution as we know it.
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- ACLU 100 Greatest Hits - Landmark Supreme Court decisions in which the ACLU played a major role, either as direct counsel or as a friend-of-the-court
- ACLU Summary of the 2007 Supreme Court Term
Earthjustice and Community Rights Counsel
Judging the Environment: A joint project tracking federal judicial nominations and courts.
Feminist Court Watch: Critical women's rights and civil rights cases have been decided by narrow vote margins in the current Supreme Court, including affirmative action, family and medical leave, and women's equal educational opportunities.
- The Justices of the U.S. Supreme Court
- About the Supreme Court
- About the U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals
Human Rights Campaign
Equality in the Courts: A fair-minded judiciary is critical to the civil rights of all Americans. Courts confront important issues that affect our daily lives and may determine whether LGBT Americans gain the equal rights promised by the Constitution.
- Noteworthy LGBT Court Cases
- Justice for All: The Courts and Equal Rights - A 23-minute video examining the relationship between the courts and equal rights.
Fair Courts Project: You have a role to play. Help make sure that courts can continue to make decisions based on the federal and state constitutions and other laws – not politics or popular opinion.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Fair and Impartial Courts
- Fair Courts Matter - Super Judge, your gavel-toting superhero, takes you on a trip through historic Supreme Court cases where the balance between right and wrong, equality and injustice, depended on having a fair and impartial court.
National Women's Law Center
Judges & the Courts: Over the last 35 years the federal courts have given life and meaning to legal rights for women. But these precious gains have been jeopardized by the appointment of judges to the federal courts who do not support the fundamental rights and principles that are critical to women.
- The Thinking Woman's Guide to the Supreme Court Confirmation Hearings
- A New Justice on the Supreme Court: Why this Nomination Matters to Women
Native American Rights Fund (NARF)
Tribal Supreme Court Project: The purpose of the Project is to strengthen tribal advocacy before the U.S. Supreme Court by developing new litigation strategies and coordinating tribal legal resources, and to ultimately improve the win-loss record of Indian tribes.
People for the American Way
Fair & Just Courts: Federal judges and Supreme Court justices — appointed to lifetime terms — play a profound role in safeguarding our rights. We're fighting to keep our courts free, fair, and independent.