The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the country’s oldest and largest civil and human rights coalition of more than 200 national organizations. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national advocacy efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. Learn more at www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the United States. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate and empower local, state and national leaders to advance and protect civil and human rights and progressive change in the United States. To learn more about The Education Fund, visit www.civilrights.org/edfund.
The Accounting Assistant is a position within the Department of Finance. Under the direction of the Finance Controller, this position will serve as liaison between vendors and Finance, resolve invoicing and payment issues, support Staff Accountant with data entry and payroll, and provide administrative support to the Finance department. The position will accomplish this function by performing a wide range of accounting and administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process vendor invoices and staff reimbursements.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and payment issues.
- Reconcile and verify vendors accounts.
- Maintain process and workflow for accounts payable
- Update and maintain vendor and W9 files.
- Reconcile credit card reports.
- Meet closing deadlines.
- Respond to vendor and staff inquiries.
- Handle time-sensitive tasks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Provide monthly reports.
- Assist Staff Accountant with data entry, timesheet follow up, and payroll.
- Assist with year-end tasks.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to all vendors and internal departments.
- Provide administrative support to the Finance department including scheduling of team meetings, maintaining department calendar, arranging training for staff on Databasics and other administrative tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 – 2 years of experience with accounts payable in a non-profit environment.
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with a cloud-based vendor invoice workflow system like Data basics is a plus.
- Strong communications skills with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Reports to: Finance Controller
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and salary requirements to: [email protected] with Accounting Assistant in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.