Assistant – All Voting is Local
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the country’s oldest and largest civil and human rights coalition of more than 200 national organizations. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national advocacy efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. Learn more at www.civilrights.org. The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the United States. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate and empower local, state and national leaders to advance and protect civil and human rights and progressive change in the United States. To learn more about The Education Fund, visit www.civilrights.org/edfund.
All Voting is Local fights to eliminate needless and discriminatory barriers to voting before they happen, to build a democracy that works for us all. It is a collaborative campaign housed at The Leadership Conference Education Fund, in conjunction with the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation; the American Constitution Society; the Campaign Legal Center; and the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. For more information about All Voting is Local, visit https://allvotingislocal.org.
The All Voting is Local Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks within the team, supporting DC-based and remote staff in a fast-paced environment. This is a term-limited position through April 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule meetings within the team and with other staff members at the organization.
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the campaign director’s schedule, make determinations on scheduling priorities, and support on preparation for and follow up from meetings, including note-taking.
- Manage administrative support for team member travel and logistics (DC-based team only).
- Assist in processing credit card statements and expense reimbursements for the full team.
- Ensure that meetings, deadlines, presentations, and other duties of the DC-based team are carried out seamlessly.
- Assist in the coordination and maintenance of effective technical support (e.g., setting up conference call lines or video calls).
- Coordinate materials, including working with outside vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including management of special projects and initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience in an administrative or executive assistant role where duties included schedule management and office coordination. A commitment to human and civil rights.
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and to handle complex and competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgement, confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, database systems and internet research.
Reports to: All Voting is Local campaign director
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and salary requirements to: [email protected] with AVIL Assistant in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.