The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its 200-plus member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal, state, and local policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate, empower and mobilize leaders and advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund are seeking a Digital Director who is passionate about civil rights and digital strategy. They will be responsible for The Leadership Conference’s overall digital strategy and alignment with key departments, including Communications, Campaigns & Programs, IT, Field, and Development. The Digital Director will be responsible for articulating an innovative vision for a 21st century digital program that breaks rules, demands attention, and spurs action. This position reports to the Executive Vice President for Communications, manages several full-time employees, and oversees multiple digital vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Crafts and directs multichannel digital strategy, drawing upon the industry’s best practices and most effective innovations.
- Leads with humility, while inspiring innovation, excellence, and esprit de -corps in others
- Closely monitors current events to create relevant digital campaigns that align with the organization’s priorities
- Works closely with all colleagues, including senior staff members, to ensure content and program are aligned with The Leadership Conference’s communications, campaigns, programs, development, field, and policy objectives while supporting organization’s larger goals
- Cultivates relationships with key stakeholders, including Leadership Conference colleagues, board members, and funders
- Fosters partnerships with digital staff within our 200-plus member coalition and provides thought leadership to member organizations with limited digital capacity
- Manages vendor relationships, including 5-10 digital vendors/agencies supporting email, list-building, advertising, website, social, and creative strategy
- Manages organization websites, microsites, digital advocacy, engagement tools, and online fundraising, in partnership with the Development Department
- Directs the drafting, editing, and scheduling of on-line content
- Manages digital advertising budgets
- Oversees CRM system, including oversight of digital activist lists, online actions, and other functions as needed
- Directs the production of monthly analytics report for the Senior Leadership Team and other organizational personnel, offering insights into website, social media, and email traffic
- Serves as point of contact for all Leadership Conference digital infrastructure staff and partners
- Supports and assists the Executive Vice President and Managing Director with Communications Department workflow, staffing, and management
- Identifies needs for departmental processes, such as internal trainings, partner onboarding, etc
Management responsibilities: This position manages the Social Media Manager, Social Media Community Manager, and multiple external vendors.
Reports to: This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Communications
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Ten or more years of relevant digital and/or marketing experience
- At least two years of staff management experience
- Advocacy and organizing experience preferred
- Competency with Mac and PC computers including troubleshooting and basic networking knowledge
- Demonstrated commitment to civil rights and social justice
- Deep working knowledge of digital strategy, programs, and toolsets, including: Blue State Digital, Blackbaud, Sprout Social, Google Analytics
- Superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity, multi-issue environment
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills with a can-do orientation toward innovative problem-solving
- Refined emotional intelligence that simultaneously builds bridges while driving digital strategy
- Highly motivated, action oriented, and committed to excellence
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected] with Digital Director in the subject line. Your cover letter should detail your commitment to civil and human rights and list at least two recent examples of successful advocacy campaigns you’ve directed using digital tools, including email, mobile, and social. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We look to fill this position immediately and will accept applications on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.