The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference works toward an America as good as its ideals. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its 200-plus member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal, state, and local policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate, empower and mobilize leaders and advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States.
The Executive Assistant plays a role in advancing civil rights and social justice policy for the nation and will be exposed to the most broad-based civil rights coalition in the country. This position performs several administrative, technical support, and substantive tasks in support of the Executive Office, The Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Offer (EVP/COO), and the President & Chief Executive Officer. This is an entry-level position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the EVP & COO (50%): The Executive Assistant will manage the EVP/COO’s schedule and calendar, handle credit card reports and reimbursements, maintain contact lists, staff meetings, and handle other tasks at the direction of the EVP/COO and the Manager of the Executive Office.
- Support the Executive Office (30%): The Executive Assistant will provide support to the President & CEO and the Manager of Executive Operations. This will include: filling in as President/CEO’s assistant when Manager is out of the office; attending and taking minutes at all board meetings; handling President/CEO’s credit card reports and reimbursements; and providing rapid-response research and talking points as needed.
- Support the organization (20%): The Executive Assistant will provide project management logistical support to the organization as a whole, including other projects as assigned by members of the Senior Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant will also provide backup coverage for the Receptionist when necessary
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience scheduling for senior level staff.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, manage a complex workload, and organize time efficiently.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of discretion around sensitive matters.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Passion and commitment to civil rights.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and internet research.
- Manager, Executive Operations
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and your starting salary requirements to: [email protected] with Executive Assistant in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.