Field Manager, Census and Data Equity
Who We Are:
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the premier coalition of more than 230 organizations which promotes and protects civil and human rights in America. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. To learn more about The Leadership Conference, please visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the US. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, the Education Fund’s campaigns empower advocates and people to push for progressive change in the US. To learn more about the Education Fund, please visit www.leadershipconferenceedfund.org.
About the Role:
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights and The Leadership Conference Education Fund seek a Field Manager for our robust social justice work, to include Census and Data Equity. The Field Manager is a project management position within the department of Field & Member Services. The Field Manager will be responsible for serving in a key capacity in the management of issue-based field programming, strategy development, and a variety of related capacity building initiatives within the department of Field & Member Services.
What You Will Do:
- Serves on internal issue-based teams including those focused on the Census and Data Equity, provides organizing and grassroots engagement perspective, develops organizing strategies and action plans, and executes proposed tactics and activities that are designed to build public will for promoting and protecting these issues in key states, specifically with communities most impacted.
- Conducts targeted outreach to coalition field staff as well as state and local leaders with the goal of creating long-lasting relationships.
- Develops and implements coalition field strategies that complement and leverage our advocacy on key issues at the federal and state levels.
- Coordinates with national and state coalition(s), partner organizations and organizers around work related to agreed-upon tactics, activities, and rapid response needs.
- Plans, manages, and maintains effective technical support for national partners and members of the coalition in their efforts to activate the grassroots and for partner organizations as they implement grassroots campaigns.
What You Will Bring:
- At least 3 years of field/grassroots experience that is focused on organizing and outreach.
- Experience incorporating digital organizing into grassroots and grasstops engagement work.
- A demonstrated commitment to civil and human rights.
- The desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- The ability to manage multiple and complex tasks with an ever-changing workload.
- Must be organized and have a proactive approach to the work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google applications.
- Has worked on at least one issue, advocacy, or election campaign.
- Aptitude to work independently and on teams.
- Experience utilizing tools and measures for tracking goals and relationship management.
- Experience with digital organizing tools to engage hard to reach communities.
What We Offer:
The Organizations offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range – $86,777 – $91,170
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
Office Re-opening Statement
During the Covid-19 pandemic, staff may opt in to work from the office. Most staff have chosen the option to work remotely. Through an internal working group and staff input, we are assessing how and when we will return more fully to the office. We anticipate that staff will return to the office in some capacity later this year. For now, there is no requirement to work from the office through the end of 2022.
To apply, please visit our Career Center and submit your resume and cover letter.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.