Georgia Campaign Manager – All Voting is Local
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the country’s oldest and largest civil and human rights coalition of more than 200 national organizations. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national advocacy efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. Learn more at www.civilrights.org. The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the United States. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate and empower local, state and national leaders to advance and protect civil and human rights and progressive change in the United States. To learn more about The Education Fund, visit www.civilrights.org/edfund.
All Voting is Local fights to eliminate needless and discriminatory barriers to voting before they happen, to build a democracy that works for us all. It is a collaborative campaign housed at The Leadership Conference Education Fund, in conjunction with the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation; the American Constitution Society; the Campaign Legal Center; and the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. For more information about All Voting is Local, visit https://allvotingislocal.org.
The Campaign Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of a program that effectuates All Voting is Local’s mission in Georgia. This position may be located anywhere in the state.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates policies for how they impact voters’ rights and helps devise solutions to barriers voters face.
- Leads education and outreach for campaign initiatives and partners with key allies to identify opportunities for advancement of voting rights in the state
- Works closely with the existing network of voting rights organizations to train and deploy volunteers in support of election administration reform and voter education.
- Represents All Voting is Local at coalition, governmental, and stakeholder meetings
- Writes about issue campaigns to educate and activate supporters, coalition partners, and other stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years experience with organizing, or campaigning
- Experience working on legal/policy matters is preferred
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Thinks creatively and find solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel
Reports to: Georgia State Director for All Voting is Local located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and salary requirements to: [email protected] with AVIL GA Campaign Manager in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.