Human Resources Associate
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference works toward an America as good as its ideals. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its 230-plus member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal, state, and local policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate, empower and mobilize leaders and advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States.
The Human Resources Associate resides in the Human Resources Department with a dotted line to the Finance Department. Supporting both the HR and Finance Departments, the HR Associate will standardize processes and manage the exchange of information between the two departments and be the first point of contact for employees with inquiries relating to the payroll/HRIS systems and health and welfare benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the payroll functions of processing the bi-weekly payroll, maintaining leave accruals, and retirement plan related transactions.
- Responding to employment tax notices and assisting with state and local tax registrations when necessary.
- Reconciling employee advances and year-end W-2 and W3 reporting.
- Responding to employee inquiries relating to payroll system and the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Managing the HRIS
- Creating payroll and HRIS ad hoc reports as needed.
- Working with the HRIS provider (ADP) to resolve any systems related issues.
- Processing employment verifications.
- Conducting new hire onboarding.
- Enrolling employees in or making changes to employee benefits and responding to inquiries relating to benefits.
- Processing COBRA and DC Wage notices.
- Reviewing resume’s and scheduling interviews when needed.
- Maintaining employee HR files.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist. Specifically, in the areas of benefits and recruiting.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with HRIS and payroll systems. Experience with ADP HRIS preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, manage a complex workload, and organize time efficiently.
- Strong Microsoft applications skills with advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of discretion around sensitive matters.
Reports to: Director of Human Resources Operations
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The salary band for this role is $55,800 – $59,843.
To apply, e-mail resume and cover letter detailing your experience that aligns with the position’s responsibilities to: [email protected] with Human Resources Associate in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.