Ohio Organizing Manager – All Voting is Local
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the country’s oldest and largest civil and human rights coalition of more than 200 national organizations. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national advocacy efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. Learn more at www.civilrights.org. The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the United States. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate and empower local, state and national leaders to advance and protect civil and human rights and progressive change in the United States. To learn more about The Education Fund, visit www.civilrights.org/edfund.
All Voting is Local fights to eliminate needless and discriminatory barriers to voting before they happen, to build a democracy that works for us all. It is a collaborative campaign housed at The Leadership Conference Education Fund, in conjunction with the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation; the American Constitution Society; the Campaign Legal Center; and the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. For more information about All Voting is Local, visit https://allvotingislocal.org.
The Organizing Manager is responsible for engaging in direct community outreach in support of All Voting Is Local’s mission in Ohio. This is a term-limited position through April 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the development and implementation of campaigns to educate and activate supporters, coalition partners, and other stakeholders in support of election reform and voter education in Ohio.
- Works with the existing network of voting rights organizations to train and deploy volunteers in support of campaigns.
- Identifies and develops opportunities to further engage and mobilize local communities on voting rights.
- Represents All Voting is Local at coalition, governmental, and stakeholder meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years of organizing/campaign experience, preferably in an area of voting rights. Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Thinks creatively and find solutions
- Manages assignment and solves problems quickly and efficiently.
- Possesses strong training experience, planning and organizational skills, and interpersonal abilities.
Reports to: Ohio State Director for All Voting is Local
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and salary requirements to: [email protected] with OH Organizing Manager in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.