Operations Manager – All Voting is Local
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the country’s oldest and largest civil and human rights coalition of more than 200 national organizations. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national advocacy efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. Learn more at www.civilrights.org. The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the United States. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate and empower local, state and national leaders to advance and protect civil and human rights and progressive change in the United States. To learn more about The Education Fund, visit www.civilrights.org/edfund.
All Voting is Local fights to eliminate needless and discriminatory barriers to voting before they happen, to build a democracy that works for us all. It is a collaborative campaign housed at The Leadership Conference Education Fund, in conjunction with the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation; the American Constitution Society; the Campaign Legal Center; and the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. For more information about All Voting is Local, visit https://allvotingislocal.org.
The Operations Manager will oversee the day-to-day administrative operations of the All Voting is Local campaign (“AVL”) to ensure campaign effectiveness and efficiency. This will include working with both DC-based and remote staff, located across 5+ states. This role will serve as dedicated operations support to the AVL team but work closely with the organization-wide operations department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the AVL Campaign Manager, manage the business operations of the AVL campaign team.
- Work with the organization-wide operations team to facilitate information between departments and manage AVL state and national budgets, monitor funding and spending, and process contracts and invoices.
- Develop and implement campaign-wide best practices and efficient processes including streamlining reporting, development of effective team-based communication systems and team norms for systems and tools, and identifying and coordinating professional development activities.
- Support remote staff operations by managing state-based office space leases and equipment and supplies purchasing, coordinating meetings and travel, and assisting with additional support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a faced-paced, high capacity work environment; prior experience in non-profit or political operations strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills; a keen attention to detail.
- Effectively prioritizes work and performs multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the campaign team and across the organization.
- Creative thinker and strategic problem-solver.
Reports to: Direct reporting relationship to All Voting Is Local Campaign Manager and matrix reporting relationship to VP of Finance (located in Washington, DC).
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and salary requirements to: [email protected] with AVL Operations Manager in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.