Who We Are:
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the premier coalition of more than 200 organizations which promotes and protects civil and human rights in America. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. To learn more about The Leadership Conference, please visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the US. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, the Education Fund’s campaigns empower advocates to push for progressive change in the US. To learn more about the Education Fund, please visit www.leadershipconferenceedfund.org.
About the Role:
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund are seeking a Policy Analyst who will focus on federal policies aimed at achieving economic security. The Policy Analyst will have the opportunity to work with national staff of leading civil rights organizations and will be an integral member of our internal economic security team, which includes policy experts as well as communications, field, and other staff working to maximize our potential to educate about and advocate for our coalition priorities.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct research in a variety of policy areas related to economic security and provide analysis of legislative and administrative proposals
- Compile and summarize new and existing research from coalition partners and academic and government/public sources.
- Participate in congressional, administration, and coalition meetings.
- Monitor federal legislation and other policy developments of interest to coalition members and the economic security team
- Draft bill summaries, briefing memos, and talking points
- Assist in the drafting and editing of reports, letters, and other materials
- Help maintain relationships with congressional, executive, and administrative agency staff
- Provide support to the Employment Task Force and Healthcare Task Force, their working groups, and the economic security team, as assigned
What You Will Bring:
- Demonstrated commitment to civil and human rights for all persons in the United States
- Ability to build relationship among a diverse set of coalition partners and to work collaboratively and independently within a broad cross section of organizations
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate coalition priorities persuasively and effectively
- Familiarity with a range of workers’ rights and other policy issues impacting economic security, including from a racial and gender justice lens
- Familiarity with the legislative process (Hill experience or administration preferred)
- Demonstrated research ability using online and other materials and resources
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in policy, lobbying, or other advocacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant experience required.
What We Offer:
The Organizations offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range – $64,375 – $78,434.50
To apply, please visit our Career Center Career Center and submit your resume and attached a cover letter.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.