Project Associate, Executive Operations
Who We Are:
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the premier coalition of more than 230 organizations which promotes and protects civil and human rights in America. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. To learn more about The Leadership Conference, please visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the US. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, the Education Fund’s campaigns empower advocates to push for progressive change in the US. To learn more about the Education Fund, please visit www.leadershipconferenceedfund.org.
About the Role:
The Executive Office of The Leadership Conference seeks an associate to provide project management and internal communications support for the organization. In addition, the associate will serve as an administrator for newly developed (and under development) systems to include an employee information portal and contracts management solution. Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Human Resources, and senior operations managers, the associate will provide support and assistance on a range of projects to facilitate and enhance organizational development, performance, and processes. This Associate role is new for the organization and the person selected will report to the COO.
What You Will Do:
Project Management Support (50%)
- Assist in organizing and managing various projects to include monitoring tasks and deadlines, communicating updates, and serving as liaison across teams and functional areas.
- Develop, manage, and update tracking systems, project plans, dashboards, and reports.
- Manage process for capturing and organizing project statuses, deliverables, and documentation.
- Take meeting minutes and record action items for distribution and follow up.
- Manage task lists and action plans include following up with project participants.
- Assist in planning and executing on meetings to include logistics and follow up.
Internal Communications (30%)
- Help to create internal communications leveraging multiple channels
- Write internal communications content including emails, toolkits, digests, etc.
- Help to generate ideas and opportunity to modernize internal communication to drive employee engagement.
- Provide cross-team support on internal communications for human resources, finance, and IT.
- Assist in planning and implementing employee-focused events to include staff meetings, townhalls, focus groups, etc.
Systems Administration (20%)
- Manage and maintain employee information portal and enterprise project management tool.
- Serve as backup administrator for contracts management solution.
What You Will Bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in systems administration a plus.
- Experience as a key contributor on large-scale projects.
- Ability to prioritize, actively seek input, and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, managing time efficiently.
- Results and detail-oriented approach to work delivery.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and internet research.
- Proficiency in taking meeting notes/minutes concisely, accurately, and timely.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of discretion around sensitive matters.
- Passion and commitment to civil and human rights.
What We Offer:
The organizations offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range – $57,754 – $61,938 dependent on years of related experience.
Office Re-opening Statement
During the Covid-19 pandemic, staff may opt in to work from the office. Most staff have chosen the option to work remotely. Through an internal working group and staff input, we are assessing how and when we will return more fully to the office. We anticipate that staff will return to the office in some capacity later this year. For now, there is no requirement to work from the office through June 2022.
To apply, please visit our Career Center Career Center and submit your resume and cover letter.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.