Who We Are:
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the premier coalition of more than 200 organizations which promotes and protects civil and human rights in America. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. To learn more about The Leadership Conference, please visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the US. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, the Education Fund’s campaigns empower advocates to push for progressive change in the US. To learn more about the Education Fund, please visit www.leadershipconferenceedfund.org.
About the Role:
The Recruiting Specialist will be responsible for helping the organization reach its hiring goals by filling open positions with talented and qualified applicants. They are responsible for coordinating the full life cycle of the recruiting process, which entails sourcing and screening candidates, coordinating the interview process, and extending job offers. The Recruiting Specialist will also develop effective recruiting strategies and partner with hiring managers to facilitate a positive recruitment process for both hiring managers and candidates.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with hiring managers and recommend effective recruiting strategies that help to reach a diverse applicant pool, including passive job seekers.
- Provide support in drafting job postings and job descriptions.
- Ensure that job openings are posted on our organization’s website as well as external job posting sites.
- Pre-screen applicants, as needed, to determine if candidates meet the requirements of the position.
- Maintain regular communication with hiring manager throughout the recruitment process to discuss progress, reassess the effectiveness of the recruitment strategy, and recommend changes, if necessary.
- Research and identify new sources for active and passive recruiting, including ways to reach diverse candidate pools
- Create a talent pipeline with candidates whose experience is aligned with our roles and mission of the organization.
- Create a network with partner organizations and colleges/universities to further develop the talent pipeline.
- Manage the ADP online recruiting tool.
- Coordinate the new hire onboarding process.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- A minimum of 4 – 5 years of recruiting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and networking skills.
- The ability to establish rapport with managers and candidates and maintain poise under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment and properly handle confidential information.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with keen attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively prioritize work and manage competing deadlines.
- A creative thinker and strategic problem-solver.
What We Offer:
The organizations offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000
To apply, please visit our Career Center and submit your resume and cover letter.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.