Regional Census Consultant, Census Counts Campaign
The Leadership Conference Education Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization that works to build public will for federal policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. It was founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, the nation’s premier civil and human rights coalition of more than 200 national organizations that work together to advance civil and human rights policies and legislation. More info about the organizations can be found at www.civilrights.org.
The Census Counts campaign is a collaborative campaign involving national organizations and dozens of community partners in more than 45 states working together to make sure that the 2020 Census is fair and accurate—so that our communities do not miss out on the political power they deserve and the resources their communities have earned. This campaign is run by The Leadership Conference Education Fund in collaboration with other key partners. More information about the campaign can be found at CensusCounts.org.
Role and Activities:
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights and The Leadership Conference Education Fund seek a Regional Field Manager for our Census work through our Census Counts campaign based in Washington, D.C. The Regional Census Consultant is a project management position within the department of Field & Member Services and is a remote position. This position will be responsible for serving in a key capacity in the management of issue-based field programming, strategy development, and a variety of related capacity building initiatives within the department of Field & Member Services. The Regional Census Consultant will also be responsible for working with a team to implement several national field strategies that will ensure that The Leadership Conference engages all coalition members with a field capacity, while building support for civil and human rights at the federal level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves on internal issue-based team focused on Census, provides organizing and grassroots engagement perspective, develops organizing strategies and action plans, and executes proposed tactics and activities that are designed to build public will for promoting and protecting civil and human rights.
- Collaborate with the campaign’s state partners in our Tier 2 states in developing state-based collaboration and strategies with the aim of expanding reach for Census 2020.
- Support existing Regional Field Managers in Tier 1 states for a regional approach to Census education and rapid response when necessary.
- Plans, manages, and maintains effective technical support for state-based partners in their efforts to activate the grassroots and for partner organizations as they implement grassroots campaigns.
- Support state partners in training, capacity building and resource sharing.
- Assists state partners in identifying community challenges regarding Census 2020 and Get Out the Count efforts and strategies to advance solutions at the state and local level.
- Coordinates with state coalition(s), partner organizations, consultants, and internal teams around work related to agreed-upon tactics, activities, and rapid response needs.
- Is a positive and actively engaged team member
Reports to: The position reports to Senior Field Manager.
Education and Experience:
- At least 3 years of field/grassroots experience that is focused on organizing and outreach.
- A commitment to civil and human rights.
- The desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- The ability to manage multiple and complex tasks with an ever-changing workload.
- Ability to successfully communicate across and with multiple teams and state partners
- Ability to reasonably anticipate needs to ensure successful and collaborative work internally and externally
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Has worked on at least one issue, advocacy, or election campaign ideally focused on education equity.
- Experience with a database for tracking goals and relationship management
Compensation: This is a term limited position with a competitive rate from hire through August.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and rate requirements to: [email protected] with Regional Census Consultant in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.