Regional Field Manager – Census
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its 200-plus member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal, state, and local policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate, empower and mobilize leaders and advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States.
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights and The Leadership Conference Education Fund seek a Regional Field Manager for our Census work through our Census Counts campaign. The Regional Field Manager is a project management position within the department of Field & Member Services and is a remote position. This position will be responsible for serving in a key capacity in the management of issue-based field programming, strategy development, and a variety of related capacity building initiatives within the department of Field & Member Services. The Regional Field Manager will also be responsible for working with a team to implement several national field strategies that will ensure that The Leadership Conference engages all coalition members with a field capacity, while building support for civil and human rights at the federal level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves on internal issue-based team focused on Census, provides organizing and grassroots engagement perspective, develops organizing strategies and action plans, and executes proposed tactics and activities that are designed to build public will for promoting and protecting civil and human rights.
- Collaborate with state partners in developing state-based campaigns with the aim of expanding reach for Census 2020.
- Support state partners in training and mobilizing advocates and local organizations.
- Assists state partners in identifying community challenges regarding Census 2020 and Get Out the Count efforts and strategies to advance solutions at the state and local level.
- Conducts targeted outreach to coalition field staff as well as state and local leaders with the goal of creating long-lasting relationships.
- Coordinates with state coalition(s), partner organizations, consultants, and internal teams around work related to agreed-upon tactics, activities, and rapid response needs.
- Plans, manages, and maintains effective technical support for state-based partners in their efforts to activate the grassroots and for partner organizations as they implement grassroots campaigns.
- Is a positive and actively engaged team member
Reports to: The position reports to the Census Senior Field Manager.
Education and Experience:
- At least 3 years of field/grassroots experience that is focused on organizing and outreach.
- Experience incorporating digital organizing into grassroots and grass tops engagement work
- A commitment to civil and human rights.
- The desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- The ability to manage multiple and complex tasks with an ever-changing workload.
- Ability to successfully communicate across and with multiple teams and state partners
- Ability to reasonably anticipate needs to ensure successful and collaborative work internally and externally
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Has worked on at least one issue, advocacy, or election campaign ideally focused on education equity.
- Experience with a database for tracking goals and relationship management
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and salary requirements to: [email protected] with Regional Field Manager-Census in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.