Senior Benefits Manager
Who We Are:
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the premier coalition of more than 230 organizations which promotes and protects civil and human rights in America. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. To learn more about The Leadership Conference, please visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the US. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, the Education Fund’s campaigns empower advocates to push for progressive change in the US. To learn more about the Education Fund, please visit www.leadershipconferenceedfund.org.
About the Role:
The Senior Benefits Manager will work collaboratively with staff and the Human Resources team to administer and support benefit and health plans and related projects and tasks. This position holds the responsibility of continuously monitoring benefit offerings and ensuring that the organization is providing those that are most beneficial for the staff and making recommendations for plan or vendor changes as needed. The Senior Benefits manager also ensures plan compliance and effectively shares plan offerings and fields questions from staff and prospective employees. In this role, the Senior Manager will also lead and participate in multiple strategic annual projects, including annual enrollment and legal plan filings and related events and audits. Responsibilities also include maintaining, distributing, and posting benefit documents and required communications. They will also assist with various special projects and support HR operations.
What you will do:
- Manages benefits program to include annual benefit open enrollment, compliance, disability and worker’s comp claims,
- Assists employees with medical claims resolution, benefits broker relationship, change reporting, and invoicing.
- Coordinates with payroll to ensure deductions are new enrollments and changes are implemented.
- Manages ADP WorkforceNow system, supports personnel action changes.
- Oversees leave administration and tracks leave of absence programs including DFMLA, FMLA, STD, and other leave programs.
- Audits administration of the 401(k) benefit, including enrollment of new employees and 401(k) loan or withdrawal processing.
- Assists with the annual Plan audit.
- Reviews company reports from broker and benefit providers and provides VP, People and Culture with an overview. Develops additional reports, as requested.
- Ensures legal compliance with HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, COBRA, ACA, OSHA, and other applicable IRS, DOL, federal and state laws as related to health, wellness, and retirement plans including applicable notices to employees.
- Interfaces directly with employees on areas of expertise. Escalates issues to VP, People and Culture as needed.
- Collaborates with and supports other members of the Human Resources team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience managing health and welfare plans and associated vendors, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision benefit programs. Experience in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated critical thinking capabilities and the ability to translate those ideas into actions.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and effectively manage projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team and across departments.
- Experience in project management, implementing new benefits or enhancements to existing programs.
- Experience in managing vendor relationships and measuring plan performance.
- Thorough knowledge of benefits plan designs and knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple concurrent objectives while meeting critical and timely deadlines.
- Solid understanding of employer benefits design and benefits administration, including but not limited to working knowledge of HIPAA, ADA, ACA, ERISA, COBRA guidelines and practices.
- Strong people skills and the ability to develop and maintain working relationships and deliver results in a professional manner.
- Ability to resolve escalated situations on a regular basis while protecting the integrity of the plan.
- Excellent analytical skills and abilities and comfort working with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
This role is considered a term-limited, full-time role ending on January 31, 2023. Priority will be given to internal candidates.
What We Offer:
The Organizations offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range – $89,253 – 108,747
Office Re-opening Statement
During the Covid-19 pandemic, staff may opt in to work from the office. Most staff have chosen the option to work remotely. Through an internal working group and staff input, we are assessing how and when we will return more fully to the office. We anticipate that staff will return to the office in some capacity later this year. For now, there is no requirement to work from the office through the end of 2022.
To apply, please visit our Career Center and submit your resume and cover letter. Cover letters are required and should be attached.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.