Senior Director, AVL Campaigns and Strategy, All Voting is Local
Who We Are:
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the premier coalition of more than 230 organizations which promotes and protects civil and human rights in America. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. To learn more about The Leadership Conference, please visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the US. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, the Education Fund’s campaigns empower advocates to push for progressive change in the US. To learn more about the Education Fund, please visit www.leadershipconferenceedfund.org.
About the Role:
The Leadership Conference Education Fund’s All Voting is Local project is a collaborative campaign that fights to eliminate needless and discriminatory barriers to voting before they happen, and to build a democracy that works for us all. For more information about All Voting is Local, visit https://allvotingislocal.org.
In 2022, All Voting is Local (AVL) will become an independent 501(c)(3) organization. As such, AVL is hiring for positions that will help it set up the infrastructure needed to support its operations and programmatic work. Upon AVL’s transition to an independent 501(c)(3) organization, the position affiliated with this job posting will no longer be with The Leadership Conference/The Education Fund and will become part of AVL’s organization.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund’s All Voting is Local project seeks a Senior Director, AVL Campaigns and Strategy for a campaign to defend and expand access to the ballot by identifying and fighting voter suppression at the local level. The Senior Director will oversee the national strategy in support of the All Voting is Local campaign. The Senior Director will manage the Director, State Campaigns and Director, Partnerships and report to the All Voting is Local Director.
What You Will Do:
The Senior Director will execute on the following responsibilities. Responsibilities that take effect after AVL’s transition are marked with an asterisk.
- Oversee strategy development and execution for AVL’s national program and across our states (currently focused on eight states).
- *Manage the Director, State Campaigns and the Director, Partnerships.
- Coach staff to effectively navigate complex coalition challenges.
- *Ensure there is appropriate staffing and resourcing across AVL’s programs and campaigns.
- Evaluate AVL’s partnerships (directly or indirectly) on an ongoing basis to ensure that it is effective and on track to meet our objectives. Support staff to adjust plans, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the AVL team on communications and data and research to ensure alignment across teams, and successful execution.
- *Work with the Strategic External Engagement Consultant on fundraising initiatives.
- Represent All Voting is Local with stakeholders, on panels, and at conferences.
What You Will Bring:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, and an advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience managing teams, remote management experience is a plus.
- Interest in, and extensive knowledge of, voting rights issues or elections, programs, and constituencies.
- Experience in public policy, especially in a political, legislative, or advocacy context.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
What We Offer:
The Organizations offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Location – This position may be 100% remote, but candidates living in the Washington, DC area may be asked to return to work in person.
Salary Range – $135,922 – 159,162
Office Re-opening Statement
During the Covid-19 pandemic, staff may opt in to work from the office. Most staff have chosen the option to work remotely. Through an internal working group and staff input, we are assessing how and when we will return more fully to the office. We anticipate that staff will return to the office in some capacity later this year. For now, there is no requirement to work from the office through June 2022.
To apply, please visit our Career Center and submit your resume and cover letter.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
The new independent 501(c)(3) organization, All Voting is Local, will also be committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.