Senior Field Manager – Census
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its 200-plus member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal, state, and local policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate, empower and mobilize leaders and advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States.
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights and The Leadership Conference Education Fund seek a Senior Field Manager – Census. The Senior Field Manager is a project management position within the department of Field & Member Services. This position will be responsible for serving in a key capacity in the management of issue-based field programming, strategy development, and a variety of related capacity building initiatives within the department of Field and Member Services. The Senior Field Manager will serve as the senior field staff on the Census Counts Campaign, a collaborative effort involving more than 15 national organizations and dozens of community partners in more than 30 states working together to make sure that the 2020 Census is fair and accurate. The Senior Field Manager will also be responsible for working with a team to implement several national field strategies that will ensure that The Leadership Conference engages all coalition members with a field capacity, while building support for civil and human rights at the federal level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves on internal issue-based team focused on census, provides organizing and grassroots engagement perspective, develops organizing strategies and action plans, and executes proposed tactics and activities that are designed to build public will for civil and human rights.
- Manages the State Count Action Network (S-CAN), a coalition of state tables and local groups that are working on census advocacy and 2020 Census “get out the count” efforts.
- Manages up to 6 local field organizer contractors.
- Conducts targeted outreach to coalition field staff as well as state and local leaders with the goal of creating long-lasting relationships.
- Develops coalition field strategies that complement and leverage our advocacy in civil and human rights issues at the federal and state levels.
- Coordinates with state coalition(s), partner organizations and organizers around their work related to agreed-upon tactics, activities, and rapid response needs.
- Plans, manages, and maintains effective technical support for state-based partners and members of the coalition in their efforts to activate the grassroots and for partner organizations as they implement grassroots campaigns.
Reports to: The position reports to the Field Director.
Education and Experience:
- At least 4-5 years of field/grassroots experience that is focused on organizing and outreach.
- At least two cycles of advocacy or electoral campaign experience.
- Management experience preferred.
- Experience incorporating digital organizing into grassroots and “grasstops” work
- A commitment to civil and human rights.
- The desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- The ability to manage multiple, complex tasks and deadlines with an ever-changing workload.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Has worked on at least one issue, advocacy, or election campaign ideally focused on Census and or electoral campaigns.
- Experience with a database for tracking goals and relationship management
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and salary requirements to: [email protected] with Senior Field Manager – Census in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.