Senior Manager, Corporate Relations & Special Events
Who We Are:
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the premier coalition of more than 200 organizations which promotes and protects civil and human rights in America. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. To learn more about The Leadership Conference, please visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the US. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, the Education Fund’s campaigns empower advocates to push for progressive change in the US. To learn more about the Education Fund, please visit www.leadershipconferenceedfund.org.
About the Role:
The Senior Manager, Corporate Relations & Special Events will report to the Managing Director of Development and collaborate with the Vice President of Development to execute a corporate fundraising strategy for The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights (c3) and The Leadership Conference Education Fund (c4).
In alignment with a new corporate giving framework, the Senior Manager will work closely with the VP of Development to implement this new strategy and drive collaborations with existing and emerging supporters to secure renewals of current corporate donors through mindful and proactive stewardship, identifying and engaging new donors and funders, and supporting fundraising for the organizations’ priority issue areas. This position will manage an existing corporate portfolio of about a dozen six figure and up funders, several dozen lower dollar funders, and will collaborate with the team’s leadership to set goals for revenue growth. As a civil and human rights organization, The Leadership Conference/The Education Fund has high standards for our corporate engagements and candidates for this position should be adept at identifying and pursuing funding that goes beyond brand alignment, engaging companies that advance the organization’s mission and key objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position will also have experience project managing special events and will be the primary project manager for the annual Hubert H. Humphrey Award Dinner. As part of this, the Senior Manager will also develop a plan for raising corporate sponsorships and support work to raise revenue through ticket and table sales and other innovative tactics. This body of work requires strong cross-departmental communication and sensitivity to the interests of a wide range of Coalition stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
- The Senior Manager is a highly visible team member responsible for building, maintaining, and developing relationships with corporations whose values align with The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund, with the goal of raising revenue to support the organizations.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Development to help execute a new corporate engagement strategy and make recommendations that will add value to our strategic partnerships and raise unrestricted revenue and key programmatic support.
- Work closely with programmatic staff to build and cultivate opportunities to generate corporate support for program and policy impact and advocacy.
- Write and oversee the timely submission of well researched, well-written concept papers, grant proposals, reports, and supporting documents in response to solicitation requirements from corporate donors.
- Attend external engagement initiatives and meetings, most often with key program directors and issue experts, that will strengthen The Leadership Conference’s and The Education Fund’s relationships with current partners and build relationships with prospective funders.
- Provide insight on fundraising collateral and related outreach materials to engage and interest strategic partners in the work of The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund.
- Support the management and stewardship of the Business Council, a non-governing affinity group of corporate donors that participates regularly with The Leadership Conference/The Education Fund senior leadership in an exchange on civil and human rights issues and policies.
- Collaborate with operations lead to build out system for tracking prospective funder portfolio and MOVES Management systems.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Event Project Management
- Serve as project manager in planning for the annual Hubert Humphry Honors award dinner, a largescale annual fundraising event in support of The Leadership Conference, with a focus on corporate sponsorships and supporters.
- Serve as main point-of-contact to consultants supporting event production and planning and manage a strict project timeline across departments.
- Lead an inclusive event program development process that incorporates the diverse perspectives and needs within the organization and represented among the Coalition.
- Help track expenses associated with the event and collaborate with team members to ensure timely processing of invoices and payments to external vendors.
- Collaborate with Managing Director of Development and the VP of Development on the annual budget, work plan, and inter-department planning.
- Work with a cross-functional committee to review prospective new funders and funding opportunities to ensure alignment with the mission of The Leadership Conference/The Education Fund.
- May supervise seasonal interns.
What You Will Bring:
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in utilizing a CRM (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce) and Microsoft applications.
- Commitment to the mission and values of The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund.
- Familiarity with corporate giving trends.
- Excellent writing, project management, attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in education and experience.
What We Offer:
The Organizations offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range – $87,075 – $103,550. Please note this salary is not inclusive of the annual salary adjustment.
To apply, please visit our Career Center and submit your resume and cover letter.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.