The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference works toward an America as good as its ideals. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its 200-plus member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal, state, and local policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate, empower and mobilize leaders and advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States.
The Campaigns and Programs Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks within the Campaigns and Programs department and support the organizations civil and human rights campaigns. The individual will have an opportunity to help build and monitor administrative infrastructure that is critical to the success of the organization’s campaigns and programs while also supporting outreach efforts to local partners across the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will:
- Assist in the coordination and maintenance of effective technical support for the Campaigns and Programs department.
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the Executive Vice President’s schedule, make determinations on scheduling priorities, and support on preparation for and follow up from meetings.
- Manage all administrative support for the Executive Vice President’s travel, logistics, and expense reimbursements.
- Ensure that meetings, deadlines, presentations, and other duties of the Campaigns and Programs Department are carried out seamlessly.
- Provide external relationship management support that will facilitate the Executive Vice President and campaign and program directors to cultivate, and manage key relationships with allies, funders and elected officials.
- Coordinate materials, including working with outside vendors that support the planning of events, conferences, and convenings.
- Perform other duties as assigned including management of special projects and initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in an administrative or executive assistant role where duties included schedule management and office coordination. A commitment to human and civil rights.
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and to handle complex and competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgement, confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, database systems and internet research.
Reports to: This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Campaigns and Programs.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Campaigns and Programs Assistant in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.