The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its 200-plus member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal, state, and local policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate, empower and mobilize leaders and advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund are seeking a Digital Director who is passionate about civil rights and digital strategy. They will be responsible for The Leadership Conference’s overall digital strategy and alignment with key departments, including Communications, Campaigns & Programs, IT, Field, and Development. The Digital Director will be responsible for articulating an innovative vision for a 21st century digital program that breaks rules, demands attention, and spurs action. This position reports to the Executive Vice President for Communications, manages several full-time employees, and oversees multiple digital vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Crafts strategic vision for innovative digital program
- Works closely with senior staff to ensure content and program are aligned with The Leadership Conference’s advocacy, communications, and policy objectives while supporting organization’s larger goals
- Cultivates relationships with key stakeholders, including senior staff members at The Leadership Conference, Board Members, and Funders
- Fosters partnerships with key member organizations, and serves as resource for digital strategy for those organizations
- Manages vendor relationships, including 5-10 digital vendors/agencies; this includes email, list building, advertising, website, social, creative strategy
- Manages organization websites, microsites, digital advocacy and engagement tools
- Drafts and edits online content, as needed
- Closely monitors current events to create relevant digital campaigns that align with the organization’s priorities
- Manages digital advertising budgets
- Oversees CRM system, including oversight of membership lists, online actions and other functions as needed
- Helps produce digital reports and conducts in-depth analysis of specific digital tactics
- Serves as point of contact for all The Leadership Conference digital infrastructure staff and partners
- Supports and assists the Executive Vice President and Managing Director with Communications Department work flow, staffing and management
- Identifies needs for departmental processes, such as internal trainings, partner onboarding, etc
- Participates in digital industry events, including panels, drafting op-eds, etc.
- Understands and iterates on industry best practices
Management responsibilities: This position manages the social media and creative team members.
Reports to: This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Communications
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Six or more years of relevant digital and/or marketing experience
- At least two years of staff management experience
- Advocacy and organizing experience preferred
- Competency with Mac and PC computers including troubleshooting and basic networking knowledge
- Demonstrated commitment to civil rights and social justice
- Deep working knowledge of digital strategy, programs and toolsets
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects when assigned
- Must have superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated, action oriented, and committed to excellence
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, two writing samples and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital Director in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.