The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference works toward an America as good as its ideals. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its 200-plus member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal, state, and local policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate, empower and mobilize leaders and advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States.
The Grants Coordinator will be responsible for the specific coordination of projects related to foundation grant making to both the c (3) and c (4) organizations. Under the leadership of the Director of Institutional Giving, the Grants Coordinator will write and prepare the first draft of all grant materials for submission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the grants management process from inception to submission of proposals, reports and requests from institutional funders
- Daily management and maintenance of the grants workflow system, including but not limited to grant flow charts for proposals, reports, renewals
- Serve as the department liaison with the Grants Account Administrator to secure necessary financial information for proposal and report budgets and grant award letters
- Coordinate meetings with Leadership Conference programmatic staff for all grants management to produce materials for all concept papers, proposals and reports
- Maintain an up to date understanding of grantmaking trends and the general universe of national and community funders that address social justice, and conduct prospect research and new opportunities for funding
- Serve as draft writer for all initial grant-related materials, including but not limited to letters of inquiries, narratives, proposals, reports and other writing where requested
- Craft case statements for potential support relevant to each program initiative
- Support the Director of Institutional Giving on all institutional giving goals, objective and department outcomes
- Collaborate with Director of Institutional Giving and Vice President of Development on annual budget and strategic plan for Leadership Conference institutional portfolio; keep informed of daily operations of the grants management process
- Monitor and coordinate foundation inquiries to members of the executive team
- Possess a thorough understanding of The Education Fund and The Leadership Conference program areas to develop accurate and comprehensive project summaries
- Serve as needed as the liaison to the grantmaking community regarding meetings, teleconferences, and general communication with foundations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Project Management certification (preferred)
- A commitment to human and civil rights with a desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people
- At least 3 years of development experience in grant management and coordination
- Experience in grant writing or project proposal writing in a deadline-driven role
- Database management skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, database systems, and internet research
- Good management, planning, and coordinating skills, with emphasis on commitment to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and assignments and work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, across teams and departments
- A demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgement, confidentiality and discretion
- Experience working with an organization that is a part of The Leadership Conferences coalition (desired)
Reports to: This position reports to the Director of Institutional Giving
Manages: This positon does not have any direct reports
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and salary requirements to: email@example.com with Grants Coordinator in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.