PRESS CALL TODAY: Civil Rights Advocates Committed to Count All Communities on 2020 Census
FOR PLANNING PURPOSES
Contact: LaGloria Wheatfall, [email protected], 202.548.7160
WASHINGTON – Leading civil rights organizations will host a telephone press briefing on July 11 at 6:30 PM ET to discuss Trump’s announcement on the administration’s attempts to add the citizenship question to the 2020 Census.
Please RSVP to [email protected].
WHEN: Thursday, July 11, at 6:30 PM ET
- Vanita Gupta, president and CEO, The Leadership Conference Education Fund
- Kristen Clarke, president and executive director, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- John C. Yang, president and executive director, Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC
- Derrick Johnson, president and CEO, NAACP
- Sarah Brannon, managing attorney, ACLU Voting Rights Project
- Lizette Escobedo, director of national census program, National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund
- Jeri Green, 2020 Census Senior Advisor, National Urban League
- Alma Couverthie, deputy field director for immigration, Community Change and the Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM)
Dial-in: 1 (847) 230-2970
Confirmation Number: 48841395
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns empower and mobilize advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States. It was founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights. For more information on The Education Fund, visit civilrights.org/edfund/.