PRESS CALL: As Census Approaches Launch, Civil Rights Leaders to Discuss Key Data Protections
FOR PLANNING PURPOSES
Contact: Charmaine Riley, [email protected], 202.548.7166
WASHINGTON – Leading civil rights organizations and California census officials will host a telephone press briefing on March 13 at 12 PM ET to discuss the start of the 2020 Census, protections around census data confidentiality, and the work being done to encourage participation across the country.
Please RSVP to [email protected].
WHEN: Friday, March 13, at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT
- John Yang, president and executive director, Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Ditas Katague, director, California Complete Count Office 2020 Census
- Lycia Maddox, vice president of external affairs, National Congress of American Indians
- Jeri Green, 2020 Census senior advisor, National Urban League
- Lizette Escobedo, national director of census program, NALEO Educational Fund
- Beth Lynk, Census Counts campaign director, The Leadership Conference Education Fund
Dial-in: (877) 615-4339
Ethnic Media Services and the California Complete Count Office 2020 Census are jointly holding the call.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns empower and mobilize advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States. It was founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights. For more information on The Education Fund, visit civilrights.org/edfund/.