PRESS CALL: Civil Rights Advocates on the Supreme Court’s Census Citizenship Question Decision
FOR PLANNING PURPOSES
Contact: LaGloria Wheatfall, [email protected], 202.548.7160
WASHINGTON – Leading civil rights organizations will host a telephone press briefing on June 27 at 1:00 p.m. ET to discuss the Supreme Court’s ruling in Department of Commerce v. New York, the litigation on the citizenship question in the 2020 Census.
Please RSVP to [email protected].
WHEN: Thursday, June 27, at 1:00 p.m. ET
- Vanita Gupta, president and CEO, The Leadership Conference Education Fund
- Sarah Brannon, managing attorney, ACLU Voting Rights Project
- Arturo Vargas, chief executive officer, National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund
- John C. Yang, president and executive director, Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC
- Aaron Payment, 1st vice president, National Congress of American Indians
- Jeri Green, senior advisor for the census, National Urban League
- Alma Couverthie, deputy field director for immigration, Community Change and the Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM)
Conf. ID: CENSUS
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns empower and mobilize advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States. It was founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights. For more information on The Education Fund, visit civilrights.org/edfund/.