Today at 4:45 – #DoYourJob Rally at Upper Senate Park Urging a Vote on SCOTUS Nomination of Merrick Garland
WASHINGTON – Today at 4:45 p.m. ET, several organizations and senators will host a rally urging the Senate to end its obstruction and take a long overdue vote on Chief Judge Merrick Garland’s nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court.
The event is in support of the senators who will go to the Senate Floor from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. today to call attention to the consequences of a handcuffed Supreme Court and the backlog of nominees for other federal courts.
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, Senator Cory Booker, and Senator Amy Klobuchar are confirmed to address the crowd, as will other senators and leaders of the organizations sponsoring the event, including The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, People For the American Way, Alliance for Justice, #WeNeedNine, and others.
RSVP: Email [email protected] to RSVP.
WHAT: #DoYourJob Rally at Upper Senate Park Urging a Vote on SCOTUS Nomination of Merrick Garland
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid
- Senator Cory Booker
- Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Wade Henderson, president and CEO of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Nan Aron, founder and president of the Alliance for Justice
- Michele Jawando, vice president for Legal Progress at the Center for American Progress
- Drew Courtney, communications director for People For the American Way (PFAW)
- More to be confirmed
WHEN: Tuesday, September 27 at 4:45 p.m. ET
WHERE: Upper Senate Park