4:30PM ET TODAY: Civil Rights Leaders Discuss Retirement of Supreme Court Justice Kennedy
WASHINGTON – Today at 4:30 p.m. ET, civil rights leaders will hold a telephone press briefing on the retirement of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. The speakers will reflect on what’s at stake in the wake of his retirement, and the importance of opposing any nominee who will not be an independent and fair-minded justice.
RSVP requested to email@example.com.
WHEN: TODAY, June 27, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Vanita Gupta, president and CEO, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Sherrilyn Ifill, president and director-counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF)
- Fatima Goss Graves, president and CEO, National Women’s Law Center (NWLC)
- Thomas Saenz, president and general counsel, Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)
- JoDee Winterhof, senior vice president for policy and political affairs, Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
- Michael Keegan, president and CEO, People For the American Way (PFAW)
- Nan Aron, president, Alliance for Justice (AFJ)
- Rachel B. Tiven, CEO, Lambda Legal
- Other speakers TBD
Dial-in: 785 424 1877
Conference ID: KENNEDY