NEW TIME – 10:00 PM ET TODAY: Civil Rights Leaders to Discuss Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee
WASHINGTON – Following President Trump’s announcement of his nomination for the Supreme Court, tonight at 10:00 PM ET, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, Alliance for Justice, and People For the American Way will host a telephone press briefing with other civil rights leaders to discuss the significance of his pick and the need for an independent and fair-minded justice. The speakers will reflect on what’s at stake with the nomination, as well as the importance of opposing any nominee who will gut and overturn Roe. v. Wade and undermine the Affordable Care Act.
RSVP requested to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN: MONDAY, July 9, 10:00 PM ET
- Vanita Gupta, president and CEO, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Nan Aron, president, Alliance for Justice (AFJ)
- Michael Keegan, president, People For the American Way (PFAW)
- Fatima Goss Graves, president and CEO, National Women’s Law Center (NWLC)
- Curtis L. Decker, executive director, National Disability Rights Network (NDRN)
- Sherrilyn Ifill, president and director-counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF)
- Mary Kay Henry, president, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Dana Singiser, vice president of public policy and government affairs, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
- Chris Kang, chief counsel, Demand Justice
- Miguel Rodriguez, senior vice president for government affairs, Center for American Progress
- Sarah Warbelow, legal director, Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
Conference ID: NOMINEE