Support the Build Back Better Act, H.R. 5376
November 5, 2021
SUPPORT THE BUILD BACK BETTER ACT, H.R. 5376
On behalf of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a coalition of more than 230 national organizations committed to promoting and protecting the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States, we write in strong support of the Build Back Better Act, H.R. 5376.
The Build Back Better Act is a big deal for America’s families. Among its far-reaching investments, this bill would:
- Provide access to health care for several million low-income people living in states that refused to expand Medicaid.
- Extend the expanded child tax credit, make it permanently refundable, and ensure that all types of families can benefit from it.
- Expand access to preschool and high-quality child care.
- Provide for up to four weeks of paid family and medical leave.
- Boost college affordability and support historically Black colleges and universities and minority-serving institutions.
- Support programs that increase access to affordable housing.
- Invest in home and community-based services for older adults and people with disabilities.
- Strengthen the Federal Trade Commission’s ability and capacity to address discriminatory and abusive data practices.
- Give millions of immigrants long-term stability.
This legislation will advance racial equity and make a profound difference in many lives. The Leadership Conference urges all members to vote YES on final passage. We will include the vote in our Voting Record for the 117th Congress.
Please reach out to Gaylynn Burroughs, senior policy counsel, at [email protected] with any questions.
Interim President and CEO
Executive Vice President of Government Affairs