Media Advisory: Press Call With Progressive, Civil Rights Groups On the Nomination of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the U.S. Supreme Court.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Rafael Medina, [email protected], 202.869.0390
WASHINGTON, D.C., February 25, 2022 – Alliance for Justice, National Women’s Law Center, National Coalition on Black Civic Participation/Black Women’s Roundtable, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, and People For the American Way will hold a joint press call today about President Biden’s announcement that he will nominate Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the U.S. Supreme Court.
With this announcement, Biden not only fulfills his promise to nominate the first Black woman to the Supreme Court, he has also fulfilled his promise of increasing professional diversity in our federal courts. P . Already, there have been disingenuous attacks on her nomination because our opponents know she’s eminently qualified and will be a justice who protects the rights of all of us, not just the wealthy and powerful.
Leaders from organizations committed to ensuring our courts are fair for all will speak about the significance of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s nomination, her commitment to equal justice for all, expectations for the confirmation process, and the legacy of the Supreme Court. There will be time for reporter questions.
- Rakim Brooks, President, Alliance for Justice
- Fatima Goss Graves, President and CEO, National Women’s Law Center
- Melanie Campbell, President/CEO, National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, convener, Black Women’s Roundtable
- Jesselyn McCurdy, Executive Vice President for Government Affairs, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Ben Jealous, President, People For the American Way
- Press call on the nomination of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the U.S. Supreme Court
- Today, February 25, 2022 at 3:30 PM ET
- Reporters Dial-In: (866) 518-6930 and let the operator know you want to join the Supreme Court call. Passcode: “SUPREME”